Susie asked in PetsBirds · 3 years ago

What is wrong with the mourning dove bird?

It all started when I saw a monarch butterfly flying around the tree outside of my backyard and then I saw the mourning dove standing on the branch of the tree this afternoon. His body is not moving but the eyes were moving. Today’s weather is so hot. I keep checking on the bird to make sure he’s okay so I offered him food and water. This evening, I went outside of my backyard again to check if the mourning dove is still there. However, the mourning dove is still on the branch tree sitting. I’m worried about the mourning dove thinking if he’s sick or got injured or got tired. Does anyone know what is wrong with the mourning dove bird?

Wild bids should B left alone (staying away). they may also B sick and should not B handled as it may infect Humans.

It could be a very young bird who just fledged (Left the nest) and is staying in one spot for safety. the adult doves will keep feeding the bird until it's confident enough to do it on its own. Leave it alone, let nature take its course.

He'll be fine. In the heat they stay put till they get hungry.

Could be molting.