Is it wrong to change my mentally retarded 16 year old son's diaper in public?

My son jerks his arms around a lot and has the tendency to soil himself in public, so i decided to get him some diapers. One day he took a massive dump in them and he started making his typical weird noises, that's when I know I have to change it. We were in a parking lot at our local walmart so i figured I... show more My son jerks his arms around a lot and has the tendency to soil himself in public, so i decided to get him some diapers. One day he took a massive dump in them and he started making his typical weird noises, that's when I know I have to change it. We were in a parking lot at our local walmart so i figured I would change it in the backseat of my car. He started grunting loudly and started kicking. It was a struggle but i finally got his poop filled diaper off and tossed it in the parking lot. People kept giving me dirty look, i finally said to a couple to mind your own business. I then finished changing my son's diaper and since he is retarded he can't really speak well, so he gave me an ape like sound which i guess means thank you.