Hi i'm buying my misis her first car but mileage is high 130000 in 1.4 petrol Citroen c4 56reg,Advertised as new cambelt,new clutch service.?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Your buying a heap of trouble.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Hi so that will not last long.

• RichB
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

I wouldn't buy a Citroen of any mileage, but that's another question really.

130,000 is not super high mileage for a car of that age - it's nearly 12 years old, so it's done (on average) under 11,000 miles a year. That's fairly typical for a car that's used as a main family and/or commuting vehicle.

(Before anyone says, average annual mileage for all 4-wheeled vehicles in the UK is 7,900, but that will include classic cars brought out once a year, rarely used 2nd vehicles, and all sorts of things. There are pool cars and trucks at my work that I know haven't turned a wheel in over 6 months. Manufacturers assume that their cars will be driven for approx. 10,000 miles a year and the service intervals are set based on this.)

It's more important to look at the service history, MOT history (yes you can look at this online now) to see if there's anything dodgy. Are there gaps in history or any years with low mileage to suggest the car has been stored off-road for a period of time? If they are advertising new cambelt and clutch they should be able to provide receipts for this.

Also if you're not paying trivial money for the car (i.e. can afford to just scrap it if it turns out to be a complete lemon), then get a mechanic to fully inspect it before you hand over the cash. If you are buying from a dealer you have some consumer protection, if you are buying privately you in practice have very very little.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

And you question is???

Any car, especially an older model, needs inspecting by a mechanic before purchase.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

A Citroen with 130k miles. No.

• 3 years ago

A misis crisis, spambot?

• 3 years ago

Ok

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.