You'd quickly notice these differences -
1. Taiwan's national flag is different from PRC China's.
2. Vast majority of people in Taiwan identify themselves as Taiwanese.
3. There are rich culture elements in Taiwan, including aboriginal culture elements, Han culture, Japanese and Western influences.
4. If one reads their written language, Taiwan uses traditional characters whereas PRC China uses simplified characters.
5. When at public places, people of Taiwan don't cut in the line, spit, etc. In PRC, those are common.
6. There is no internet censorship in Taiwan. In PRC China, there is no access to FB, Google, etc.
7. In Taiwan, it's perfectly fine to discuss politics. People vote for their own public officials. In PRC China, one needs to be careful not criticize the communist party or PRC government.
8. In Taiwan, anyone including foreign visitors can practice any religion, including Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Taoism, Falun Gong, etc. In PRC China, there is no freedom of religions. One can be persecuted because of practice of religion. Falun Gong practitioners are detained, persecuted, or killed for their organs.
9. US citizens (and many others) can visit Taiwan for 90 days without needing to acquire for a visa. US citizens need to apply for visa to go to PRC China.
· 1 year ago