Name an Internet Company that connects you to the Internet by putting in your Device's Mac Address.?

Hey! How are you feeling?

Does anyone know an internet company that sells wifi connection using Mac Addresses? I know BoingoWireless has two monthly plans: Standard ($29.95) and Expanded ($49.95) and pretty much everywhere you go and there is BoingoWireless WiFi you can connect as long as you list your Mac Address in their website. (BoingoWireless offers 3 Device Spaces to be connected to the Internet using the Device's Mac Address) Thanks guys!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago

All of them do this. The MAC address is part of how TCP-IP works.

• Lv 7
    3 years ago

it depends on where you live as to what internet services exist.

but i know AT&T offers a similar service in many larger cities...

• 3 years ago

Boingo does not use JUST the Mac address to identify a user. MAC addresses are way to easy to spoof and anyone can do it so it is a very poor authentication method. You have to use a passcode or passpoint app which includes the information to authorize you on Boingo. Yes, they can then record the MAC that is signed into the system but they don't authorize by the MAC address.

Source(s): Years of networks and ISP systems.
  • Dave
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

I wouldn't consider Boingo an ISP, per say. They only operate in military barracks, dorms and airports.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.