Relationship Advice?

My boyfriend of 8 months gets into these "bad moods" where he will get very aggressive towards me... When he gets like that I will just ask if he's okay but he just denies everything. Usually I will try to leave him alone for a bit so he has some time for himself but he will claim that I'm "abandoning" him and not being there for him like I said I would so I basically have to sit there and try to talk to him while he's continuously hurting me so awfully (emotionally) because of the way he treats me. After about a day or a few hours he will start acting like his usual self and he claims to feel guilty about how he was to me and he will apologize. It usually just ends with us coming to terms and crying about it together. He told me he feels emotionless when he gets like that and he will try not to treat me like that or at least let me leave if he gets in that mood so no one gets hurt but, nothing really changes. He sees a therapist and I have asked him to talk about it with her which he did, but she only said that it was his bodies own self-defense mechanism. These episodes happen at least once a week and it continuously gets worse. I really love him but sometimes I feel like he does a lot more damage than healing... I don't know what to do. ):

• ?

lose him.

So go ahead and abandon him. There is no good reason for you to hang around while he's being abusive to you. None. And he's sure not going to learn anything positive by you tolerating that behavior!

I know this all too well. I was in a 2 year relationship with a man similar to how you describe. To be honest, people like that you just have to leave them for your own sanity unless you REALLY REALLY love him. Because he will mentally drain the hell out of you. He is getting help, yes but he needs to go through that alone because he is damaging you while trying to heal. People like him you have to love from afar.

Dump him NOW.