My fiance Returned the engagement ring!? Should I give him another chance?

Got in a huge fight with Fiance not even 2 weeks after our engagement and asked if I should pawn the ring..of course saying things out of anger. He wouldn t communicate for 3 days and when I came over he took the ring off my finger, still didnt want to talk..so I walked away and left..he then returned the ring back to the store. Now he doesnt want me to move in or anything but wants to work on things and take them slow? Not sure I can forgive him for returning the ring and he supposedly cant forgive me for saying "pawn shop" - even though I apologized and it was out of anger. I feel crushed like my dreams are crushed and I m hurt.

Should I move on or give him another chance?

I feel his proposal wasnt genuine because how could he return the ring so quickly over a fight that was a misunderstanding?

I feel like it could have been worked out and he shouldn t have taken it as far as returning the ring back to the jewellers. Need some advice!

• Liz

You're a petulant brat, and whether or not you and that idiot you're playing stupid mind games with get engaged and un-engaged a few more times is completely unimportant, provided you don't decide to breed.

Can he forgive you, for mentioning Pawn Shop? YOU should watch your mouth better, especially when you are upset. If you do break up totally, then RETURN THE DANG RING... Unless you are JUST A FREELOADER.

WHY ? it wasn't yours to pawn, depending on the reason.......usually the bride to be returns the ring.......what he does with the ring is none of your concern......you both seem confused.......maybe you'd be better off gettting married by the justice of the peace at the courthouse.......or not get married at all.......wait a while......and find someone else.....

Move on. You need another five years in the cooker before you're mature enough to consider marriage.

You don't have a future with each other.

Get that straight right now.

Then go back and settle out- your relationship ran its course, at the same time you both were in the process of making it semi-permanent. If it hadn't, neither one of you would have ever gone to the lengths you did to say it was at its end.

You can love someone deeply, and not be the right one to marry them.

My guess is that you are younger, and that you aren't ready for the responsibility of *being* married- which includes putting yourself in the other person's shoes to understand their hurt and anger.

Your first reaction- and your last here- is to blame him for everything, when what you really need to look at is how this is going down in flames while you strike out at him. That's not what equal, mature partners do. It's time for you to part as friends, and wish each other luck. When you're not even married yet and need counseling, it's over before it has started. You BOTH deserve more than that.

Give yourself time before you try to settle down. You are far from ready.

It sounds like you aren't mature enough to get married. You are acting like a teenager who isn't willing to work on things. If that is how you feel, so be it. You both should probably move on. If you break off an engagement you are supposed to give the ring back to the guy, not pawn it.

• I wouldn't give either of you another chance.

Fights happen, both you should have tried to resolve it rather then asking to trying to pawn the ring, by going to a counselor. I'm sure he is just as crushed and hurt as you are. I wouldn't want to work things out with some one that cheated on me. The best thing to do here is try to move on.

I have no idea what the rest of your relationship was like or what you "should". Your life your decisions.

HOWEVER, the engagement ring was a gift to you and he had no right to take it back. Fact. It was not his property at all.

thats up to you if you want to give him another chance, just make sure you dont regret the decision later

He saw that he could do better. Did you learn your lesson this time? Next relationship, you'll find out.