Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearNintendo Wii · 3 years ago

Ive never played video games before, but i like the Donkey Kong character. Will he be getting his own game on the Nintendo Switch?

I want to buy my first console, the Nintendo Switch, but only if they release a Donkey Kong game. I noticed they released one but it looks like an old game. Im wondering if they will release a modern one. Any info? Thanks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

On the Switch right now, there's a few DK games.

First is the "Arcade Classic Archives: Donkey Kong", which is a digital recreation of the original arcade versions (Japanese Rev 1., Japanese Rev 2 & International version) from 1981.

Second is "Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: which is an updated port of the Wii U version includes an easy mode with Funky Kong.

Please be aware that the modern Donkey Kong is considered Donkey Kong Jr. since the release of Donkey Kong Country as Cranky Kong was the original Donkey Kong from the arcade era & is semi-retired (as Cranky is a playable character in Tropical Freeze).

In other Switch titles, Donkey Kong is available as a character in...

* Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (coming Dec. 7th)

* Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle -- Donkey Kong Adventure (new DLC)

* Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

* Mario Tennis Aces

* Super Mario Party (coming Oct. 5th)

There's no new original releases for Donkey Kong announced at this time... but will likely happen in the future.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

No upcoming Donkey Kong games are revealed yet but Tropical Freeze is not that old its from 2014.

• 3 years ago

They just released a port of the Wii U version of Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze.

Other than his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I don't think they currently have any new DK games in development.

But still, I wouldn't consider Tropical Freeze "not modern" by any means if you take into account the character is 37 years old.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.