Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 years ago

How would I know, I like this girl?

This is serious. I like this girl who is my friend, she shows signs of liking me too, thing is how do I know when to ask her on a date? Cause we have fun with each other, fun to where our mutual friend says she feels like she third wheels with us. I wanna ask her on a date I just don’t know how or when or the right way like I plan on hanging with her this weekend but are we supposed to be liking each other a lot before I ask her on a date? Plus how do I talk to her to make her have more interest I usually just be myself but I never flirt but on occasion I make sexual jokes and she responds well

It's time you asked her out.

Look for a movie or something else fun, and ask her out.

It's Wednesday. Tick, tick, tick...

You may not want to hear this - but her laughing at those kind of jokes isn't a good sign that she's a strong woman.

Could you possibly be making dating choices mainly based upon whether someone likes you and you like them? Unfortunately this approach to dating, used by most people, usually leads to a broken heart.

May I suggest that the first question to ask yourself when considering whether or not to date someone is, “Is this person a strong person?” If they’re not, no matter how much you like them, how much they like you, or how “cute” or “hot” they are, - please don’t date them. A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), displays a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), gives their best effort, and demonstrates self-control (of their body, anger, mouth and money).

My suggestion is that you put in the effort necessary to become a strong person (if you’re not already) forget about this girl unless she's a strong person, and eventually look for this type of girl (otherwise you’re setting yourself up for a broken heart). Unfortunately this type of woman is difficult to find - but save yourself the heartache and don’t settle for less.

(Please remember that you eventually want a 50 or 60 year marriage - not a 5 or 10 year marriage.)

Hope this helps!

PS Strong men attract strong women like magnets (as well as weak women - so be careful). The best way to get to know a strong woman without dating is to participate in the activities of a community service or a school organization.

Source(s): True Love Lasts - written with a character emphasis for teens through young adults, Straight Talk About Teen Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 13-19, Straight Talk About Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 20 and up