Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 3 years ago

What's wrong with me ?

I'm 4 months pregnant with my son I've been having lots of cravings lately I hate pickles they make me sick I've had that problem since I was a kid. I've been eating stuff like bacon mostly that , doritos and other chips , cereal , pizza , burgers , cheese , ice cream ect. My sister is also pregnant she loves pickles I know lots of pregnant women love them but not me. I'm mostly either bacon or potato chips. Is there something wrong with me ?

• Shay

There is nothing wrong with not craving pickles while pregnant. I loved pickles until I became pregnant with my first daughter. While I was pregnant, the smell of pickles was one of the odors that repulsed me, so I stopped eating pickles. My daughter is now 29 years old and I still no longer eat pickles. (I didn't crave pickles with my second daughter either.) I sometimes think about how strange that is and I even tease my daughter about it and tell her it is her fault that I no longer like pickles.

You do need to be a little careful with the high calorie junk food though. "Eating for two" doesn't mean doubling your calorie intake. During the first trimester, you really only need about 100 extra calories. Then in the second trimester, about 200 extra calories and about 300 to 400 extra calories in the last trimester. Talk with your doctor about how much you should be eating.

I don't even understand your question. Do you think you should be craving pickles for some reason?

• Maria

The only thing wrong is that you may be taking in too many calories, but your doctor will let you know.