own oath of marriage?

So the point is that my husband is a good man. he is very beloved and takes care of me. he wants to promise him obnoxious obedience but this is to say that his opinion about our future and important issues is decisive, Of course he has to respect my opinion - I m afraid that if he promises me he will not respect me - it is bad for me to listen to me does he look after me and support me?what do you think about such an oath?

Favorite Answer

Don't take any oath with which you do not wholly agree. Period.

It does not matter what he "believes" - if he is pressing you to say something you wouldn't otherwise say, then rethink your relationship with him. Character isn't what he says- it's what he does, and he's trying to pressure you into doing something wrong.

• k w

selfish....very very selfish.....but I'm not involved.....

I personally would never promise something I know I could not hold to, and "obnoxious obedience" would certainly come under that. I am a mature, sensible woman and would want any partner/spouse to be able to recognise that and give me an equal share in decision making. I would not be happy in a relationship where that was not the case. How you want to be treated is up to you.

Hubby and I have been married over 30 years and the mutual decision making has been a part of that.

I'm not ever taking or accepting an oath of obedience. That's servitude. Not any sort of marriage I'm interested in.