Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 years ago

Do Christians really believe that hawking is in hell?

That pastor been saying

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Not our call.

For when people of the nations, who do not have the Law, do by nature the things of the Law, these people, although not having the Law, are a law unto themselves.  They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the Law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them, and by their own thoughts they are being accused or even excused. Romans 2:14 -15

Whether or not they're Christian, those who lead loving and virtuous lives are pleasing in the eyes of the Lord. We're judged according to our understanding.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

I wondered who that man was setting in that wheelchair on that round track he keeps going around and around and around like a train on a track in the middle a fire keeps burning and he keeps slowly roasting like a marshmallow.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

According to the Bible, hell is the common grave of mankind, so everyone that dies, goes to hell. The Christian ethos is not about what happens in hell, as the Bible tells us that the dead know nothing and feel nothing. The real issue is, do we stay in hell for eternity, or do we get a resurrection?

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Not our concern

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

It's between him and God but by the laws of God he is shovelling coal

• 3 years ago

Hawking may be condemned to a Godless eternity, but no Christian has the authority to declare such condemnation on any other human. If someone claimed such, they were being zealous beyond their God-given authority.

We do, however, have the authority to inform the world as to our beliefs regarding sin and condemnation - i.e. we can make generalisations about what is required to attain God's pardon from hell. But only God knows the heart and private thoughts of each individual, and only God is perfectly Holy and omniscient. Therefore only God has the right of ultimate judgement.

Even though Hawking expressed strong anti-Christian views during his life, he had many Christian acquaintances. So there is always a possibility that he found his way privately to God. I hope he did. Regardless, I would not presume to take God's place as Judge.

• 3 years ago

They hope, that it will discourage other people from thinking and gaining intelligence.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

In 100 years, scientists and physicists will still be studying space based off Hawking's work. Nobody will care he didn't believe in fairy tales.

• 3 years ago

Did he accept Jesus as his Lord and Savior? If so, he is in heaven, if not he is in hell.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

If the seller overcharges that's where they'll go.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.