Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 2 years ago

Why would no one want an RV that was seized by police?

I came across an RV impound yard. The guy showed me three of them that I could just have if I removed them but they were junk. He showed me a nice RV that runs and drives, needs only minor cosmetic work, he said he could sell it for $500 and it would come with a title because he has to file for it to sell it. It was impounded after being stopped- it was used as a mobile meth lab. It was cleaned and all paraphernalia removed. The impound guy said that nobody wants these RVs, which is why they were all decaying in his lot, because no one would ever buy them. I'm the second person to even ask about one, ever, he said. Why would nobody want them?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Only homeless people or drug manufacturers would want an old ugly RV.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

The process of cooking meth leaves a toxic film on floor, walls and ceiling that's impossible to remove. Houses that are used for meth labs have to be stripped down to the bare studs and rebuilt from the ground up. An RV would need the same kind of treatment. The entire interior would have to be stripped out and replaced... MUCH more expense than the thing is worth.

• 2 years ago

If it was owned by drug dealers, and it was, it means the drug dealers beat the living hell out of it. There's a reason nobody else wants it.

Drug dealers don't just use up vehicles, they beat the absolute crap out of them until there is nothing of value left. Normal people forget to do oil changes and regular maintenance to vehicles, drug dealers forget to do everything their vehicles. Forget oil changes and tire rotation, drug dealers don't even put fuel in their vehicles.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

Because they are probably beat to death. Stay away from any vehicle that was once used as a meth lab.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • don r
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Unless you have off street parking for it, your neighborhood will rise against you.

• D J
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

You would want to be sure the police have retrieved all the possible illegal items from the RV. Other than that, if you have the skill to repair any damage it might be a really good deal.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

for some people, they use an RV only a few times per year, and have to put the unit in storage when it's not being used

• Mike
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

it's the STIGMA for what bad things they were once used for, and as you can see on the guy's lot, there are a LOT of them going begging even at give-away prices.

• 2 years ago

Not everyone wants an RV period, and possibly leery of impounded ones which could have many hidden problems. Few people go to impound yards.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.