Is it normal to get MRI for epilepsy? Also left vs right temporal lobe??

I was diagnosed with epilepsy and got scheduled for an MRI in less than a month to look at my left temporal brain . I m on medicationsnow and had another eeg however i am curious what the difference between left and right temporal epilepsy is in terms of signs and symptoms and what they affect (also I just had the... show more I was diagnosed with epilepsy and got scheduled for an MRI in less than a month to look at my left temporal brain . I m on medicationsnow and had another eeg however i am curious what the difference between left and right temporal epilepsy is in terms of signs and symptoms and what they affect (also I just had the mri recently done so no results yet) and do drs always do mri s for epilepsy ? Because normal wait time in my city is 6-18months for an MRI so whyd I get one so fast (should I be worried?)
Thank you for your info on this! :)
1 answer 1