What to do with a lost flash drive?

Found a lost flash drive that was on the ground today around the corner of my house. The make is Sandisk. I plugged it into my computer but the only file available was a Secure Vault that required a password. I scanned my computer afterwards and there was no viruses found. What should I do with it? Should I just... show more Found a lost flash drive that was on the ground today around the corner of my house. The make is Sandisk. I plugged it into my computer but the only file available was a Secure Vault that required a password. I scanned my computer afterwards and there was no viruses found. What should I do with it? Should I just throw it out since there is no file that tells me who the owner is and I have no use for it?
Update: It seems like the drive is encrypted so reformatting might be an issue also for me. I would like to help return the flash drive back to it's owner. Would it be a good idea to bring it to the police or some computer people and maybe they can scan the files and see who it belongs to or would that be a waste of... show more It seems like the drive is encrypted so reformatting might be an issue also for me. I would like to help return the flash drive back to it's owner. Would it be a good idea to bring it to the police or some computer people and maybe they can scan the files and see who it belongs to or would that be a waste of their time?
Update 2: Thank you all for the responses! Really wanted to see what was inside but unfortunately do not know any computer people. So, I ended up reformatting the drive and it seems good as new and clean.