What is it?

It lies all around us, ignored.

People handle it every day, and yet throw it away as something of no value.

What, is it?
Update: That's what I though... it could be anyone of these:

1, air
2, time,
3, waste as in or poop yes. completely accpetable answer thank you all.
while condoms and or wrappers are also close too, they both can be considered ... "waste" so yes, good answers.
Update 2: mmmm, I had more to tell but it looks as if it won't fit in the amount of space they give to do so. oh well.
Update 3: Prima materia, it means " Raw Material " that is what I am looking for, that why I asked this question. While all of those are good answer and in "time" yes that is needed to make what it is I seek to produce. and waste yes.. and I think all your answers to be absolutely correct, it takes all... show more Prima materia, it means " Raw Material "

that is what I am looking for, that why I asked this question.

While all of those are good answer and in "time" yes that is needed to make what it is I seek to produce.
and waste yes.. and I think all your answers to be absolutely correct, it takes all these things in fact to.. produce an stone. such a stone only one could with such a method, the one and only stone. a philosophers stone or sages stones.
Update 4: Again, it would take time that is in the method, also it will take... yes waste, thus any assortment and all I think in past attempts the alchemist have thought of it too much and instead missed the plain and simple matter of the fact, that is the prima materia.. is all around us, we handle it everyday, yet toss it... show more Again, it would take time that is in the method, also it will take... yes waste, thus any assortment and all I think in past attempts the alchemist have thought of it too much and instead missed the plain and simple matter of the fact, that is the prima materia.. is all around us, we handle it everyday, yet toss it away as if it has no... value. :)

what Am I?; I tink it is simple, it is as you've all said and I had no doubt thought... dirt. :)
Update 5: so thus waste, is the answer, also time can be wasted and become it, waste, the past is times decay. :) it all fits, it's perfect like the stone. x) any waste of any kind.. it happens in nature.. the source has showing us this procedure.. in time.. what does this place do with waste?; yes it breaks it down...... show more so thus waste, is the answer, also time can be wasted and become it, waste, the past is times decay. :) it all fits, it's perfect like the stone. x)
any waste of any kind.. it happens in nature.. the source has showing us this procedure.. in time.. what does this place do with waste?;
yes it breaks it down... into waste. so dirt is pretty much that.

but also to make such a stone there are things needed. And they so happen to be the four elements, air so yes that was correct.
Update 6: Air for breathing life into the fire, fire for maturing the stone, and ahh here it is EARTH :) as in DIRT :) for the BASE material, raw through and through, prima materia for the stone x) mmm and cannot forget water!; for a cooling agent. which most alchemist think is nonsense as in not needed, but it is, steam... show more Air for breathing life into the fire, fire for maturing the stone, and ahh here it is EARTH :) as in DIRT :) for the BASE material, raw through and through, prima materia for the stone x) mmm and cannot forget water!; for a cooling agent. which most alchemist think is nonsense as in not needed, but it is, steam plays a big part too. :)

lastly the two other ghost and or hallow be it as it may. BANE.. And Virtue, light and dark,
Update 7: I know how does one gather or even know what those two things are, a holy object for only or a persons that may be present, alchemist usually are.. either or so really only one or the other is missing, those that seek gold are full or more likely evil. so that's BANE.. and or evil element. So to balance it out... show more I know how does one gather or even know what those two things are, a holy object for only or a persons that may be present, alchemist usually are.. either or so really only one or the other is missing, those that seek gold are full or more likely evil. so that's BANE.. and or evil element. So to balance it out the equation they need only find an equal amount of virtue, one who would see it till the end that they would fail in making such a thingy for such needs.