May asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 3 years ago

What do I do with 18 acres in the middle of incest town?

So recently I inherited a lot of land in Alabama from my grandfather. I visited the land, and it is in the most redneck hillbilly area i have ever seen. They are undoubtedly all ******* each other and I don’t know what to do. Please help!

You're sure they're actually hillbillies and incest has been committed? Or are you just prejudiced? It sounds more of the latter.

• Lol it sounds like some salvage land in the middle of sticks no much soil or good for anything.I would selll the piece of crap or see what it’s good for.

Sell it if you want

Sell it. You have no use for it and they have no use for a bigoted elitist as a neighbor.

Sell it for cash money and buy yourself a Camaro

Build a Church and start preaching. You'll get rich and enjoy much respect. You can live there tax free. Collect government money for not growing crops.

Wear short shorts and bend over a lot when you meet your new neighbors.

• Tavy

Talk to a Real Estate Agent.

If you have no use for it, sell it. Or keep it for a while, do minimal maintenance, and sell when the market is good. Either that or ask any family members if their interested.

What else are you supposed to do? Change an entire populous? I mean come on. If you can't handle being 18 acres away from everyone your sticking your nose up at, selling or ignoring it is your only options.

Rednecks and Hillbillies are two sepperate things btw, something you'd know if you grew up somewhere with a similar culture. I've had men who lived in homes surrounded by beer cans jump out into the road when a well-to do car sped past after a group of us got off the school bus to yell at the driver for endangering children. Look up the Clendenin floods in West Virginia. It hit very poor communities, I was there during it, but everyone went out of their ways to help one another. Without even government relief, the news reported nationally on the unbelievable kindness such neighbors had.

Don't make assumptions, and focus on the land.

If you don't want to live there, the obvious thing to do is sell the land. You'd probably be best off selling to a property development company. Visit a local real estate lawyer (or one in the nearest city) and discuss the situation.