Sherry
Sherry asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 3 years ago

Why do some men cheat on their wives,and then as soon the wife either passes away, or leaves, he is no longer interested in the other woman?

Please someone explain.

Favorite Answer

Could be several things.

1. He could be with the other woman to spite his wife (whether he recognises that as part of the motivation or not). When she is gone, the reason for being with the other is gone too.

2. Maybe somewhere he thought that they (he and his wife) would be together at some time, and now she is gone, realises what he lost.

3. Maybe now his wife is gone the other woman is putting pressure on him to "make her an honest woman" and that's not what he signed up for so he runs.

4. Could be that as its no longer a "forbidden fruit" relationship, its not an exciting one either.

5. Maybe the woman was good enough for a fling, but not long term material.

That’s the same question I have.. I’m recently divorced and I gave my ex husband so many chances as soon as I left he wants to be the best man ever..I guess it’s true that you never realize what you have until it’s gone

this not a common thing

Because we men are interested in lots and lots of women.

It was forbidden fruit while they were married. Now it's just stale fruit.

• David

I'm not the cheating type. I never have cheated, and never would. But I'm an old man who is very experienced in matters of relationships, dating, marriage. I've had a long time to observe human mating behavior. THIS is what I know, related to your question:

As a married man, it is very simple to obtain sex, outside of the marriage. All it takes is, you have to be somewhat attractive (read: NOT BUTT UGLY) and you have to ADVERTISE that you are married (ie, wear a wedding ring). If you do that, you will have many offers of free sex from very young and very beautiful young ladies. You might even take one as a regular mistress, for a longer-term, outside your marriage, relationship.

But here's the problem. The kind of women who are willing (eager, even) to have sex with married men are not exactly relationship material. A lot of them are extremely good looking, but don't have much else to bring into a relationship. Put another way...women of QUALITY don't mess around with married men.

Now, a married man is cheating on his wife. The wife dies, or divorces, or leaves him...whatever. Now he's free to date anybody he wants to, with no restrictions. If he's the marrying type to begin with, then (even if he really enjoys sex) he will prefer to have sex as part of a long-term relationship. But the potential for a long-term relationship is hard to find in women who are willing to have sex with married men.

Basically, when he's "single" again, he's looking for a higher quality of sex partner, now.

Men cheat for hundreds of reasons, but i'd say a majority do it because they are not getting the sex they'd like at home or they are just bored with it. Meanwhile, this cheating does not necessarily mean there is no love and emotional connection to his wife. So if a wife leaves or passes away, it's an emotional blow... and most people, regardless of gender need to take time to grieve their losses. It's human nature.

• Kelly

Usually guilt in realizing their mistakes and their wife is the one that they always loved. The side person is just that, something on the side.

Men cheat just for the sex. He has his wife and so he doesn't need any committed relationship with the other woman. He never was and probably never will get emotionally involved with the mistress.

He was never interested in marrying the other woman. He never wanted that kind of commitment with her. When commitment suddenly becomes possible (because he's no longer committed to the first wife) he drops the other woman so he doesn't have to follow through with marriage. He only wanted her as a diversion, not as a life partner.

• Reba

because they are cheaters, it's only exciting when they are cheating.