What made people think the Las Vegas Knights would ever beat the Capitals to win the Stanley Cup?

Sitting here in my office on Massachusetts Avenue getting ready to head out for the Caps parade, I take stock of how the overwhelming majority of talking heads picked the Knights over the Capitals, and I can't help but wonder why. The Knights cruised through the regular and post seasons, not really facing any... show more Sitting here in my office on Massachusetts Avenue getting ready to head out for the Caps parade, I take stock of how the overwhelming majority of talking heads picked the Knights over the Capitals, and I can't help but wonder why. The Knights cruised through the regular and post seasons, not really facing any real resistance. The Caps went through so much adversity throughout the season despite having one of the best rosters in the league. How could so many people be so wrong?