Could you see yourself EVER voting for the opposite party?

I don't identify as Republican or Democrat, but I am a Trump supporter and can't see myself ever voting for, or even liking anyone who ran as a democrat, no matter who it was. I think I could only vote for a third party candidate or a Republican, although I hate the republicans in office except for Trump. Especially a liberal democrat, I would never vote for them. I'm just curious, would democrats ever consider voting for a republican, or republicans consider voting for a democrat, regardless of the candidate? Or will you stick with party no matter what?

Favorite Answer

I am very close to your thinking.

I'd vote 4 greens first, this would be my probable next time(previous vote was that in Australia)! My first was democrats which is called Labor in Australia! My conscious tells me I should keep doing so?

Was George W. Bush a liberal? Didn’t he do social welfare prescriptions

In 2020............if some republican with a brain, challenges Trump.........I could see myself supporting that.

But I can't imagine who that would be?

Ted Crud can sit the f*** down.

I have, but it is not likely in the future.

• ?

Modern progressive liberals, who are supported by the democrats, are in many ways diametrically opposed to my value system, which translates to a support of legislation that would, I believe, harm this nation or even bring it to utter ruin.

That said, if some of the reckless social policies are attended to more wisely than simply blanketing the issues as though there is no compromise or middle ground between racism and banning our rights, and if the approach to welfare also sought some mediation between abandonment of the poor and taxing "wealthy" parties to the point of loss without a plan for recovery or recorded growth, then I could easily vote for a democrat. Republicans aren't solving things magnificently. I just agree more with them than with a party that has chosen to oppose much of my political philosophy directly.

I actually did. I'm a Democrat but voted for Reagan in the 1984 election. But after the Iran/Contra scandal and the stock market crash of 1987 I swore I would never vote for a Republican again and haven't.

All parties ,over time , cycle between being more "left" and more "right.

So many thinking voters from the "middle "will find it logical to, one day, vote for the "other" party

Nope, and there is no way in hell I would ever have cast a vote for the treasonous orange sh!tgibbon.

No. They don’t represent my demographics. They don’t make it a secret either.