Manager said he would contact me but didn't.....should I wait?
On the past Friday, I've got an interview from a clothing department job. Do first it was the department manager who contacted me through text saying that he would like to have an interview on that day then he followed up with a call. Then the call line was unclear and broke so I called back...(idk if that was a good idea to call back or not). Then after the interview he said he will contact me back on Monday saying that I need to prepare the documents for the company which I didn't have. He also said, that I should be able to start the job on Monday if I've had the needed documents. Then on Monday, I texted him whether or not I get the job or not and no response. So should I wait until Friday and try to call him or just take it as rejected and move on?
- EddyLv 63 years ago
It certainly looks like he is twiddling his thumbs in a state of incompetence. I think you might consider moving on. You don't want to work with such people anyway. Get out of there and run for your life.
- ?Lv 73 years ago
If he said you can start on Monday that usually means you have the job.
Call the manager, don't text them. Leave them a voice mail if they're not available. Text messages can get lost, accidentally deleted, or they may not know whom they're coming from in that case your text may not get answered.
- linkus86Lv 73 years ago
Follow the manager's lead ... follow up your text with a phone call. The manager already told you that you have the job, its just a matter of paperwork that I am willing to bet hasn't been accomplished yet. But its a great idea to keep in contact to show your eagerness to start because it serves to motivate the manager to get what they need to get done sooner.
- Anonymous3 years ago
I wouldn't give up yet..Maybe he's waiting for you to come and fill out the documents.