Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 3 years ago

I feel insecure, self conscious doing sex for first time with a guy?

My breasts are small, but not really small,so I leave a t shirt on, I keep thinking he has been with girls with huge ones.

theni worry I might have lint in my butt , or who knows what. so I make sure he doesn't have me from behind , its just regular missionary, I s this normal for 1st time?

• Pippin

How many times are you having sex 'with the first time' with a new guy? Perhaps it would make sense to wait until you are in a serious relationship and comfortable actually communicating with him before you take off your clothes and worry about random lint.

Don't worry about your breasts, take off your shirt. IT should not be a problem.

If only there was some magical liquid that had proven properties of lowering inhibitions.

If such a magical liquid existed, you might want to have a drink or two of it first to put you at ease. No more though. You don't want to get sloppy magical.

• MissA

Do you actually want to have sex with this guy? Or are you doing it out of a sense of obligation? There's no obligation. So don't have sex unless your thought is "Damn I want to get that guy naked and put his wing-wang in my jellywhoop." And don't have sex with that guy unless he's thinking "Dang I want to get that girl naked and put my flapdoodle in her pink taco."

Seriously, though... sex should be a source of mutual enjoyment. You two should enjoy one another's bodies, imperfections and all. So maybe don't sprint out the gate to sex. Try letting him see your boobs and you'll find that he likes them, etc. Likewise, see if *you* like *his* body.

Stop worrying about your sexual attractiveness - the guy seems to have chosen you to have sex with, so that is the end of that part of the story.

What is far more important is that you should approach the sex act with precautions in place. He must wear a condom on his penis, or you must be "on the pill" or have a coil or implant. At least know where a local pharmacy etc is which can sell you the "morning after pill" (Plan B) if there are no other precautions in place. Do not rely on "pulling out", or your "safe time of the month" or any other myth which your friends might tell you. I assume that your school has told you at least some of the facts about sexual matters.

And note that it is not a compulsory matter to have sex at any time in your life - some females remain virgins during their whole lives. Remember also the legal minimum age for sex (16 years in many countries, but check the law where you are) - you wouldn't want the guy to go to jail for having sex with under-age "jail-bait", if you are under that legal age.

It's normal to be anxious the first time, quite normal. Some guys are anxious too. After all, sex is more than one thing. It's a way to connect emotionally, to bond, to invest in a future relationship, and it's a performance. Or, a dance, if you will. The performance requires us to please our partner, and this is as important as it is anxiety provoking. But the good thing about sex is that as an experience it's repeatable, and people do learn how to communicate better. Also, unless a lover is really selfish, most lovers tend to get better over time.

Having said that, I think you're a little over anxious about your appearance. Females pay more attention to details (females paint their nails to match outfits; guys barely notice this). Media confuses young people by convincing them that perfect bodies are what everyone wants. Not so!

Have sex with a man who has committed to you for life for who you are as a person.

Currently you are letting men use your body to make themselves feel good, so yes, insecurity is what is driving this.