My parents don't support my dreams and aspirations?

I am a 14 year old girl, who's good at art and this may sound pathetic but I love makeup. I think it's amazing, from the way you put it on all the way to how it looks. For an extremely long time, I've been thinking that I really want a makeup related job in the future. I want to start filming my own... show more I am a 14 year old girl, who's good at art and this may sound pathetic but I love makeup. I think it's amazing, from the way you put it on all the way to how it looks. For an extremely long time, I've been thinking that I really want a makeup related job in the future. I want to start filming my own makeup videos on YouTube since I already have a YouTube channel with over 20k subscribers from some of my gaming videos. I even have a camera, all ready to film my videos on. But there's one problem. I told my mom my ideas, and that I want this type of job. It was difficult to tell her that and took me a lot of courage since I knew her reaction would not be positive, and sure enough, it was not positive. She told me what I am saying is so ''silly'' and ''stupid'', but this is what I want for myself. I don't have a lot of makeup. I need to purchase more items in order for my videos to happen, because I don't have everything I need. This wouldn't be a problem since I do have enough of my own pocket money however, my mom isn't letting me buy any more makeup. Besides, my father completely HATES makeup. Every time I put on any makeup on my face, he tells me I look terrible and that I am only 14. I spend hours every day watching makeup videos because I can't get over how amazing they are and how much I want to be one of those people filming these videos. I want a job related to makeup, however my parents don't support me. I don't know what to do and just feel like crying for hours.
7 answers 7