Is the way people are depicting or thinking of gravity wrong?

The way people like to show gravity is a trampoline with a bowling ball. I find this to be strange. As this does not at all explain how gravity works on earth. If this was true, all would be falling to the bottom of the ball. I understand they are saying the bigger the object the more it folds space. Not near like... show more The way people like to show gravity is a trampoline with a bowling ball. I find this to be strange. As this does not at all explain how gravity works on earth. If this was true, all would be falling to the bottom of the ball. I understand they are saying the bigger the object the more it folds space. Not near like a trampoline with a bowling ball on it. This would actually mean that the earth, and all objects would move to the bottom side of the sun and not what we are seeing. For instance. Mercury is not orbiting around the sun like the ball and trampoline would suggest, but near the equator rather. This means... it may actually not be folding space, but just have pure normal attraction the bigger the object is.