Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 3 years ago

Survivor benefits?

I am wandering why I haven’t still receive survivor benefits when my father passed 2005 yes my mother was approved and what do I need to there any possibility that I can receive it age 21.Never sent any mail to her but there was the representative told her that there’s some one claiming to be you.Actually she has been wandering the same thing why I haven’t receive it ever been denied


Are there any possibility receiveing it

Update 2:

There was never no pay to her she have been going up there constantly and being show on there history that she was approved and never sent the check to my son as a youth.there also was fraud going on during the time

1 Answer

  • Judith
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

    You can only receive survivor benefits now if you are unmarried and became severely disabled before age 22. Otherwise nothing is payable to you on your father's account. Any benefits due on your behalf before you attained age 18 would have been paid to your mother to help her pay the rent/mortgage, utilities, food and other necessary bills. If you file a claim now it would be retroactive for six months.

    And if your mother filed a claim for you and was denied she would have received a denial notice telling her exactly why the benefit was denied and she would have been given 60 days in which to file an appeal if she disagreed with the denial.

    If you are unhappy with this answer call 1-800-772-1213 or actually visit your nearest SS office which is open weekdays 9 to 4 except Wednesdays when they close at noon.

    Source(s): I was a social security claims rep for 32 yrs.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.