Christians, is Hell really just fire?

That seems like such an uninspired torture method for an omniscient god to create. Shouldn't there be some unimaginable unspeakable horrors that would send our feeble mortal minds into shock just at the mere mention of it? Was the best that a perfect god could come up with, out of the infinite ideas... show more That seems like such an uninspired torture method for an omniscient god to create. Shouldn't there be some unimaginable unspeakable horrors that would send our feeble mortal minds into shock just at the mere mention of it?
Was the best that a perfect god could come up with, out of the infinite ideas inconceivable to man, "fire"?
Update: Hey, instead of trying to continuously move my question like a coward, why don't you try answering? :^)
Update 2: If you keep trying to move this, I'll just ask it again later when more people are on, don't worry. It's your choice.