plan asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 years ago

Weight? Please be kind?

Let's start by saying that I'm a deeply insecure person, I was very fat as a kid and now that I lost nearly 40 pounds (20 kgs) I still see myself as very fat, almost morbidly obese. I'm 5'11 (180cm),16 years old and I weight 152 lbs (69 kgs), do I weight too much? I'm trying to lose more weight, dieting and going to the gym are helping me. Thanks in advance

Favorite Answer

First and foremost, I'm glad you've found the motivation to work towards a better you.

At your age, you have a fantastic resource in your physical education teachers. Assuming your school has certified educators, they should have the training to work with you to help set up a fitness routine that will help you achieve the best you possible. My own teacher was a wealth of knowledge, and after I got over my anxiety to approach and ask him about getting in shape, he guided me in ways I wouldn't of found on my own.

I used to have big problems with stomach fat, but I'm getting better now. Here is a good site that I found to have really helped. This gave me great workouts and diet tips and showed me what I was doing wrong before ... there are still many free articles on the site, I hope that I can help you too ...

Good luck to you!

http://bit.ly/AbdominalFatDangers

WTF, you weigh less than me and I'm 5'9 and I am considered fit at 180. It all depend on how much you train, your muscle will show more if you train, if you don't they will shrink and fat will show. But you're fine, your body is actually probably on the lower end of healthy if I am being honest and gaining some back like 10 pounds would help man, Trust me I used to insecure until I started to train

Not only are you not morbidly obese, not only are you not obese, you're not even overweight. Look it up on this if you don't believe me:

http://www.calculator.net/ideal-weight-calculator....

• Julien

That's 21.2 to 21.3 kg/m2, as a BMI. That's perfectly healthy (between 18.5 and 25 kg/m2), and that's even a tiny bit on the skinny side (the "ideal" weight for health is sometimes defined as 22 kg/m2).

You should just stop worrying about your weight, you have no reason to do so.

Going to the gym can still be a good idea, it could make you look better regardless of your weight, but you should forget about dieting.

Your weight is fine. However, your self-perception of weight is bad and harmful. I believe that you might have anorexia nervosa (which could kill you if you don't seek treatment).

What? 152 is much too little for someone who is 5'11", whether you're male or female. You have an eating disorder. Please see a doctor.