Anonymous

Is there a race/ethnicity that you can immediately tell what they're on the phone? Excluding immigrants like Italians, Nicaraguans, Koreans?

Is there a race/ethnicity that you can immediately tell what they're on the phone when they speak American English? Excluding immigrants like Italians, Nicaraguans, Koreans, Indians....

Only people born in America.

Favorite Answer

Which race does this sound like on the phone?

"Ayo Jerome. Wattuppp! I dindu nuffin. all i dids is i axed a question... errrday da polize bother black folks..."

• Vince

Yeah, black folks! Unless they're "whitewashed". They've got a very distinctive way of talking whether they're from the north, south, east or west!

East and West Asians come in next, followed by Latinos and Hispanics.

However, mist Hispanic Americans learned English in school and Spanish at home so their accent is not the same as that of a Latino immigrant who learned English as a second language!

come on.. people born in america? lol damn. i was going to say middle eastern immigrants but oh well.

Not really

Yeah...considering I live in Belgium. I can tell instantly when somebody speaks American English to me that they are American. As far as what race you consider yourselves, it hardly matters - To the rest of us, you are all the same.

It is like, to the rest of the world, your race is "American". It makes no difference what color your pelt is.