Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 3 years ago

Can I trust the FBI?

I recently reported an incident of which I had video evidence - I was a witness of a possible crime that I wanted to be investigated - to the FBI (falls under their jurisdiction - domestic flight) and now the agent got back to me saying they want me to surrender my phone so they can forensically extract the evidence.

I am nervous about this and dont know if I can trust them. I am scared they will plant something on my phone?

President W. Bush and Cheney demanded that Feds must have the ability to tap phones, so they can tap your phone any time they want, and often they don't bother getting warrants. If they don't need your phone to tap it or to plant software in it, why worry about handing it to them. To accomplish this espionage, Microsoft, Intel, and a host of other companies had to cooperate with the Federal government.

• james

No. Best get a Attorney to advise you on this. Plan on buying a new phone. Get a reciet for the one they want. Refuse to have them return it. No need to take chances.

No

You have video evidence of criminal activity and law enforcement has asked for your phone to verify the authenticity of that footage.

So let's examine your options:

1. You can comply, hand over your phone, and let them extract it voluntarily.

2. You can refuse, in which case they may simply seize the phone (without needing a warrant) on grounds that you may delete the footage hence destroying evidence.

3. You can refuse, in which case they may get a warrant and seize the phone.

So the point is, if you have evidence of a crime they're going to get your phone one way or another. I suggest you voluntarily hand it over.

You need help. Soon.

Domestic violence CANNOT be a Federal crime. Therefore is CANNOT be under FBI jurisdiction. Had you actually reported such an incident to the FBI, their ONLY response would be to refer you to LOCAL police.

You can trust any FBI agent reading this question to LAUGH THEIR A** OFF.

No, they are out to get you, just like everyone else.

They don't physically need your phone in order to plant something on it. They're the fbi.

Read this:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/03...

• Murzy

they are trustworthy

You don't have a guilty conscious about something do you?