What are some of the things blank discs can be used for?

I purchased 10 4GB blank discs from Amazon recently for playing Wii ISOs on my modded Wii just to find out Wii ISOs are 4.7GB on average. So, they wouldn't fit on the discs even after being scrubbed. Not worth returning since I only paid 10 dollars but I had the idea to just use them for something else. Any ideas? What are all the useful things a blank disc is capable of. Excuse any of my obvious signs of lacking knowledge on computers. I'm only at a, maybe, intermediate level with computers from just average usage experience.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Use them to copy many movies, music or photos. Also good to copy Windows system disk as a spare.

• Those would be the "obvious uses" I referenced to exclude in the answer's description. Still, thanks for your time.

• 2 years ago

putting them on a string outside your house to fend off woodpeckers. It scares them away... sort of...

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

ask lestermount

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Paperweights, doorstops, etc.

Unless you're trying to build very old PCs, there's really nothing they're useful for anymore. They'll probably cost you more than $10 in disposal fees.

• 2 years ago

They make good frizbies. i use them backing up misc. files.

• 2 years ago

Blank discs are good only for recording something on.

ALL single-layer blank DVDs have a capacity of 4.7 GB.

Period.

That's the only capacity in which they are made.

(Except the 8 cm ones for camcorders, which are 1.4 GB.)

• Maybe, I used the wrong term? Though, 'blank discs' is how they were advertised on Amazon. The discs I have is 4.7GB but only about 4.3GB of it is usable. I don't fully understand why.

• 2 years ago

MP3's, MP4s, pictures, files, whatever.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.