Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 years ago

Why am I insecure about my girlfriend doing things?

My girlfriend recently moved, and we now have a long distance relationship.

I'm starting to feel extremely insecure

1. She lives far away

2. She signed up for job training

3. She also sign up to volunteer.

She thinks it will be good for her, and I agree, but its making me feel extremely insecure, and jealous.

• glcang
    Favorite Answer

Your gf and the situation are not causing your insecurities, they are alerting you to the fact that they are buried inside of you.Many people have them and they are something one needs to deal with, without trying to control externals.They started long before you met her.They are part of the emotional /psychic makeup of many many people. if you want to be emotionally, and psychologically healthy you will deal with these insecurities by allowing them to be felt and explored without trying to make others behave the ways you think will make you feel better.

The politically incorrect truth is that there is a difference between insecurity, and reality. Many times the bad feelings we have are real. Sometimes our emotions alert us to negative things that we maybe don’t want to acknowledge bcuz the truth is so painful.

Dump her. Tell her “it’s good for you, but it’s not good for me”.

Between you and me bro, she’s cheating on you. She’s banging hot guys in person while using you for attention.

She’s got the perfect little set up, problem is, it doesn’t benefit you at all

• ?

Unfortunately that is common with long distance relationships. She lives her own life and you live yours.