Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 years ago

My boyfriend has a cold sore & it's not from me- does this mean he cheated?

I don't have a cold sore (and have never actually had one) but my boyfriend is after getting one. I thought this was only picked up from kissing or being intimate with someone. Yes or No?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex viruses which can be dormant (meaning inactive, aka not active) in your body for weeks, months or years before showing.

They can be caused by a multitude of things. Kissing is the most common one, yeah, but they can be caused by many other things also, like sharing drinks, chapstick etc. Lastly I’ll revert back to the paragraph above: he could’ve gotten the virus before even meeting you, and the virus remained dormant until now

So him getting a cold sore does not mean he cheated.

It’s possible he cheated, sure, but... the cold sore doesn’t really indicate whether he cheated or not, either way.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

This is a stupid question. No, your boyfriend's cold sore doesn't mean he's cheating on you lol

• 3 years ago

You can pick it up from drinking out of someone else's glass, sharing a cigarette, or anything else that comes into contact with someone else's mouth. The virus is harbored inside, and won't show up till the body gets stressed.

It's easy enough to tone the cold sore down fast and get rid of it. Take 250 mg of Lysine, that's available from any vitamin section at the grocery store, a bottle of 60 will run you around $4.

• 3 years ago

You get cold sores from more than kissing. I'm pretty sure it's an air born virus. Don't worry. If you still dont trust him than just ask but I think hes clean.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Faith
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Of course not. Cold sores are not an STD. You can read the difference here, but you should have learned about this in sex ed class. Educate yourself more on sex and STDs before you have sex again.

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.