Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 2 years ago

How do I fix this hole in my wall? What's the easiest and cheapest way to do this? (see attached image)?

Attachment image

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Lightweight drywall finishing compound and a damp sponge will be the easiest and quickest way to match texture, but sometimes it doesn't bond well to concrete and the patch may fail. Using a "plaster" patching compound https://amzn.to/2y9qw4u to bond to the concrete would provide a definite bond, but is harder to sand and texture.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Bit of spackle or plaster filler. The difficulty will be getting the same texture, but it should disappear the next time the wall is repainted with a roller. If it is caused by a doorknob, fit a doorstop.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

If that was made by a door knob then you have a second issue. Otherwise, since it requires no further future strength you could try putting some crumpled aluminum foil in the hole and then plastering it with patching plaster. That is the simplest. Better would require you to cut out a small square and replace it with another square of sheetrock, along with plaster to hold it. This would require at least a keyhole saw or a utility knife. But I am specifdiying patching plaster. I can't say if it would work with compound.

• 2 years ago

I personally just put a picture or something over it until I can fix it. You can get a small can of paint though or get a wall patch.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

I don't know. Watch a few YouTube videos and see which method looks best

• 2 years ago

Go to a hardware store and in the paint section will be spackle. It's a sort of ready-mixed plaster you can use to patch minor holes and such in walls before you would paint them. You'll also need a spackle knife (looks like a large scraper made of thin metal.)

Put some spackle material on the knife and scrape it over the hole to fill it, and smooth it out. (the back of the can of spackle will have illustrated instructions.)

lt the spackle dry so you can lightly sand it so it really blends with the pattern of the wall.

Then cover with some primer. It's now ready to be painted over, either as a touch-up , or when you repaint the whole wall.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

The cheapest and fastest way, is to hang a picture over it.

• 2 years ago

basic spatch

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.