Advice on a first job?

Hello everyone. I’m 19 years old and I’ve never had a job yet which is pretty embarrassing. I’m really shy and find myself to be awkward around people. What first job do you think would suit me best, or help me break out of my shell?

• Maxi

News flash! EVERYONE feels the same way, it is not just you, most people hide it well......... no one know you, what you like, what you are good at or what jobs are available to you where you live, only you know all that.......... so start applying for all and anything, go for interviews, get application and interview experience, get used to being rejected, pick yourself up and apply for another and hope you get something, once you are in a job you will learn, things get less awkward and you will start to learn what you like/what you don't like and can always then look for a job you will love as it is always easier to find another job when you already have one than if you are unemployed

• Eddy

Maybe you should consider working in a place that has no other people around. Why not search for a job working for DELIVERY SERVICE. But if you find a job working at delivering food make sure that you have plenty of parking in your town. If the parking is scarce you will lose all of your money by parking tickets. Just find a job delivering packages. You will be all alone and not have to interact with people. Just make sure you have a good quality GPS and if you are hired with your car, make sure they pay your gas. After you spend a year or two delivering packages, you will be ready to move into a more challenging job and working around people. You will conquer this anxiety.

Do not be shy. College Studants do not get REAL jobs until they over 22.

My first job was in Domestic Service (Hotel/Motel Houseman).

My second real job was in Security, The best job I ever had. (Pinkerton's)

When I was redundant, I got a job part time as a Tyre Technician. Dirty but fun. Later took it on full time.

I averaged about 5 years per job. Until the next two each 13 years,

And my retirement job Wal*Mart (for just short of 5 years).

[1] Show up On Time, Wear Appropriate clothing and boots,

[2] Do the job to almost the best of your ability.

[3] Keep your mouth shut regarding Religion, Politics, and especially Wages.