brooklyn asked in HealthMental Health · 3 years ago

my self harm cuts burn, help?

Favorite Answer

Please keep in mind that most people like you self-harm as a way to let out bottled up feelings. There are more effective ways to deal with your feelings instead of self-medicating with self-harm. Feelings don't just go away, you may be able to ignore them or push them down but sooner or later they will surface. You're the one who gets to decide how you will deal with them; the goal is to use more positive coping skills.

Additionally, check out the following 99 coping skills, which can help you to refocus your thoughts on positive things: http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/DiscoverIt/Articl...

One thing we suggest is that when you have an urge to scratch on yourself, just pause for a moment. By pausing you are taking some personal accountability, and then take that moment to engage in a positive activity. Positive coping skills include writing in a journal, talking with someone, drawing, exercising, reading, or watching TV/movie. That way you have all the control. Take Care KO, Counselor

Source(s): Boys Town National Hotline -- Available 24/7 at 1-800-448-3000 -- Teens and Young Adults; http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/
  • mokrie

You do it-- you live with the consequences.

You might need a doctor. I used to self harm. Gladly nothing like that happened to me. I just hope that self harm is dumb because it permanently scars you and only temporarily helps. I realized this and I hope you do too. Please seek help.

Yes, self harming hurts. You need to take care of them or they will get infected, that's what happened to me when I was a teenager. They were so infected I had to take antibiotics. They looked nasty. So take care of yourself and also get therapy to help you find healthier ways to cope.

Source(s): former self harmer - I stopped self harming 24yrs ago & been out of therapy for about 14yrs
  • ?

As the Dr. told the patient who said "When I move my arm this way it hurts" Dr Says - "DON'T move your arm that way." GET IT NOW?

What did you think happens it's in the words you said self harm meaning IT HURTS

Go to Casualty.