Is this a red flag? My significant other has a terrible memory!?

He is 38 years old (I'm 27) and we've been seeing each other for about 2 months. He has the worst memory ever. He says he can remember important things but we've had the "what is your five year plan" and "how do you feel about kids" talk 3 times now - yes, 3 times in 2 months! More than once while we've gotten intimate, he'll ask me if I've ever had my belly button pierced because I have a hole above my belly button and I politely say, "Yes, I've already told you I had." These are just 2 random examples to show you that he asks the same things over and over again whether they're significant or insignificant things. I've politely brought this to his attention and we've made jokes about it but it's not really funny - it's annoying. I make an effort to remember the things he tells me because I want to remember them. Is this a red flag or am I being picky?

Favorite Answer

It's a red flag that he's all about himself as opposed to listening and taking on-board anything anyone else has to say. However, the topic you've mentioned says a lot about where your at as opposed to him! You appear to be somewhat maternal and counting your own body rather than letting this relationship take a natural steady pace! It's not a negative, however, boys/men take such things somewhat more casual dependent on their age. You also call him a significant other, which appears to be a hard factor for a boy/man to even contemplate so early on in a relationship! I know it's not quite what you expected to hear but it's just me honestly giving you a boys/man's point of view.

It kind of just sounds like he doesn't care to be honest.

Some people have problems with memories.People who are overworked have the problem.

Take notice of what he eats,what he drinks and what he does in his daily lifestyle.If he's lacking nutrients then thats a contributing factor.

It's hard to say. It's hard to make other assumptions about his character based on these examples only.