Ivan
Ivan asked in PetsDogs ยท 3 years ago

Why do people on here act like only rich people should own dogs, then are quick to give them up like furniture, + vets are getting greedy?

Is society making it harder now adays to own several dogs and see a vet

I'd rather have cheap ver bills and ration catoring to illegals, prisoners, and welfare families. Especially the rich and their tax write offs. Agree?

โ— "Why do people on here act like only rich people should own dogs, then are quick to give them up like furniture, + vets are getting greedy?"

๐Ÿšฆ1: Define what you regard as "rich".

๐Ÿšฆ2: Clarify WHO ("people on here"? "rich people"?) are the "quick to give them up" folk.

๐Ÿšฆ3: Clarify whether "+ vets are getting richer" is part of the way "people here act like" (based on your 5 months experience in Y!A in which you managed to post 2394 Qs&As, with an average of 17 per DAY!), or purely your own opinion.,

โ— "Is society making it harder now adays to own several dogs and see a vet"

"Society" doesn't. But people with skills that aren't valued cannot afford to feed their humans, let alone BUY and feed and properly care for even ONE dog.

๐Ÿšฆ4: But why do you think ANYONE needs more than one PET? I've had up to 8 GSDs at a time - but although I treated them as pets, they were parts of my breeding-kennel's lines.

โ— "I'd rather have cheap ver bills and ration catoring to illegals, prisoners, and welfare families. Especially the rich and their tax write offs. Agree?"

No - I decline to agree with anyone who raves about "ver bills" and "catoring to illegals" and seems to end up combining "I'd rather have" with "Especially the rich and their tax write-offs".

YOU need to calm down, plus learn to CHECK your typing before posting it - especially to take notice when Y!A red-lines non-words such as "adays", "ver", "catoring", "illegals", "offs".

Although Y!A red-lines spellings it doesn't recognise as Yanklish, and has a pitifully small lexicon for its spell-checker, it DOESN'T have a tool to show you likely correct spellings for your typo. So, because I use English spellings, not Yanklish ones, I compose messages in my e-mail software, which currently has lexicons for English and German, in addition to the default Yanklish and will offer me correct ENGLISH spellings of what I typed. I suggest that you need to do the same.

As for tax write-offs - I'll bet that if you voted in 2016 it was for the chap with the biggest tax write-off I'm aware of!

If your unchecked passage was meant to be

โ—‹ "ration caring for illegal immigrants, prisoners, and welfare families"

- stay away from my nation! We pioneered voting rights for women and were one of the first welfare states.

๐Ÿ’ฅ"illegal immigrants":

If they are criminals, boot them out. If they are law-abiding immigrants who couldn't wait for permission to be admitted, educate them in your language then find them paid work they can do and thus pay their own way.

๐Ÿ’ฅ"prisoners":

Are you the "hang them so they can't commit any more crime" sort, or an admirer of Arizona's Maricopa County former sheriff Joe Arpaio? Neither is "nice", and they do NOTHING to turn the criminal into a useful member of society. Education & training are what's needed. Doing the educating & training would also provide worthwhile work for many of "your" unemployed.

๐Ÿ’ฅ"welfare families":

Some situations REQUIRE welfare support. The problem arises when the welfare & education system aren't adequate to give the CHILDREN of those welfare parents the skills and ambition to become employed. Much as stated in the Bible's Exodus 34:7 "visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.โ€

My nation has some families with 3 generations dependent on welfare. I imagine that your nation is onto its 4th generation.

Will you work to improve the education system and skills-training system? Or will you cast those children out to become thieves or starve to death?

You might exercise your mind by asking your local library for "Erewhon":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erewhon and afterwards thinking about more realistic ways to convert criminals and welfare-dependent-for-generations people into useful citizens who are proud of their skills.

Meantime:

People should NOT obtain what they cannot afford to look after - children, dogs, etc.

As Exodus 20:17 puts it: "Thou shalt not covet".

Which became the old adage: "Cut thy cloth to suit thy purse".

๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘ฟ UPDATE ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘ฟ:

[DobieGal]: FYI, I was earning my own living before you were born. And I can not and WILL NOT respect the opinions of anyone who:

(1) can't be bothered checking their typing before posting it, and

(2) is so besotted with "fashion" as to write in a Comment to [Newf]: "And you don't even want to know about the ears. This is why I refer my clients to the ear crop vet."

Encouraging ear-cropping (which is illegal in the civilised world) is NOT the attitude of anyone worthy to call themself a BREEDER. A true breeder's 2 prime responsibilities are to (a) plan matings that will produce offspring that DON'T need any surgery to make them "acceptable", and (b) will properly represent the abilities the breed was created for.

King Les The Lofty - first pup in 1950; GSD breeder & trainer as of 1968

most people work so they can afford things like vet bills. One thing I will agree with you, unnecessary amounts of money are being spent on vets. Most pets do NOT need vaccinations every year, logically speaking, do YOU get boosters every year? of course not. I do the 4 puppy shots , boost at 1 year, 5 years and 10 years. I don't run expensive blood work on a healthy dog for a spay or neuter. I don't buy into the myth that corn is bad for dogs in their food. The other "grain free" foods are filled with POTATOES. Another STARCH. Starch is Starch my friends. A water bottle in an old sock tied off and cut is as good of a toy as a fancy $20 toy from the ripoff petsmart. Common sense has left the planet. Kind of like breeders doing all those "health tests". You shouldn't be breeding dogs that you aren't confident about their basic health. If you have a dog that isn't up to quality, you don't breed it. Instead of running to a vet and doing $1,000 worth of tests and then claiming that's why your puppies are $2500. Crazy.

So while i may not agree with your thought process, I do agree that pet ownership has reached a whole new level of insanity

Well it's a fact that owning a dog costs money and could be seen as a luxury, not a necessity. So it might suggest a degree of financial ability would be involved. Not that 'only' rich people should own dogs however. We have never been wealthy but have had our hounds for a long time, through thick and thin. We go without before our hounds do.

And then re vet charges, I think too often this hinges on the fact that many are insured. Why, when changing vets, is one of the first questions 'is the dog insured'? Is there a scale of treatment for those who are insured and those who are not? Not that I'd ever deny a vet from making a decent living from what they are doing, just as is any other professional.

• If veterinary professionals (veterinarians, vet techs, etc) only got into the profession for the money, there would be NO ONE in the field. We do NOT make that much! Believe it or not, we are in the field because we want to help animals.

It's not a matter of "people on here" and their opinions. It's FACT you shouldn't own pets you can't afford to care for just like you don't buy or rent a house/apartment with a mortgage/rent you can't afford to pay.

How are vets "greedy"? They are DOCTORS that spent a fortune and spend four years in college and four years in medical school. It also is VERY expensive to buy the equipment, medications and supplies they need. Do you ***** about the mechanic and think they should be free as well? Then again, someone like you probably takes the bus LOL

Pets are a LUXURY not a right and if you have a sick or injured pet you're denying vet care you're committing FELONY ANIMAL NEGLECT. Most people that own "several dogs" that can't afford to care for them don't bother to alter and end up with litters of puppies further adding to the pet overpopulation problem. They're also probably breaking the law as "several dogs" is often not allowed without a facility license from their local animal control.

No idea.......Personally for me a dog is for life it is not a discardable item.

Whether its working days are over or not.....Then again my wife dont wear a fur coat and no nickers either I consider my working sheepdogs as family members all be it canine family members Cos they do a great deal to provide our yearly income.... And without them i could not survive as a Shepherd either

Source(s): Just a simple Shepherd and his Dogs.....

People are stupid sheep and liberals. Also full of themselves.

edit: moved to stds? This is how stupid yahoo has become run by children.

Vets can't charge less than the price it costs them for the medication they've purchased, the loans they have out on the equipment they purchased, the utilities the clinic has to pay, the employee salaries, and all the other expenses they have. If they do, they're out of business pretty fast.

No plumber works for free. No dentist, no other professional. Why would a vet, who has a minimum of 8 years schooling behind them (and the university fees to pay off yet too) be expected to work on the cheap?

Vets are greedy? Are you kidding me? They have eight years of university education and make about 35% of what others in the science/healthcare field do with similar education.

"I'd rather have cheap ver bills and ration catoring to illegals, prisoners, and welfare families." Are you saying you want the government to regulate and subsidize veterinary care? That's an odd position from someone who seems to have disdain for welfare/government hand-outs.

What?

Vets are NOT "greedy". They have to make a paycheck too. They have the overhead costs of operating a building.. Rent/mortgage, heat, property insurance, electric, etc.

Their staff expects to be paid too.. They dont work for free.

Medical equipment isnt free.

Vets are not rich and do not live a wealthy life.