What do you feel is the best way to draw close to God?

James 4:8

• BJ
    Favorite Answer

The Bible’s direction to those who wish to “draw close to God” is: “Cleanse your hands, and purify your hearts.” James 4:8

When we treasure our friendship with God, we strive to please him in every aspect of our life, including our thoughts, by focusing our minds on what is chaste, virtuous, and praiseworthy.

We can do this by building a close personal relationship with God that includes earnest prayer. We can also cultivate intimacy with God by regularly studying his Word, the Bible.

In this way, we get to know God, his purposes, and his will for us. Thus, we learn to love him and develop a wholesome fear of displeasing him.

So when we study the Bible to learn about the way Jesus thought and felt, we are, in effect, learning how Jehovah thinks and feels. Such knowledge enables us to draw closer to our God.

You draw close to God and he draws close to you and the way you draw close to God is to begin to obey him and to seek him on a daily basis as often as you possibly can.

Give your life to Christ first

You obviously haven’t

First, convince yourself that magic is real. Then choose which magical things to accept and which to reject.

Then choose a deity and spend time thinking that it is real. After a while you will feel a growing attachment to your dream.

Step one invent a god

Step two draw it

As a born again believer, we have to put our carnal mind down. We must ongoing choose to be spiritually minded rather than carnally minded.

We must come to know there's a battle on to lead us away from the Lord.

Regularly reading about Who God is and verifying that with our experiences with God.

We all have hills and valleys. If in a dark valley, we need to remember when it was opposite to this, not be influenced by negativity.

A lot of negatives get me down, then I distance myself.

Meditation

For me it's closing my eyes (maybe a few deep breaths to focus) and saying in my inner being... my spirit... something like "Jesus, You are my God. I belong to You alone. You are my bomb shelter and I love You Lord." and then I am silent, to listen for His reply.

It's not a parroted prayer.... it's just whatever overflows from the truth in my heart in the moment.

I don’t want to draw close.

• Eli

Read the bible and attend sacraments regularly