Nick asked in PetsDogs · 3 years ago

So my boyfriend just got us a 3 week old pitbull puppy and I never raised a puppy before Can someone give me some steps to take?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago

Get a bottle - pet store or your veternarian and bottle feed it -formula its great for them

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

A 3 week old puppy??? The litter needs to be together to bond for at least 8 weeks. Plus you need to find a breeder with a lactating mother who can feed the puppy from her milk. Otherwise your puppy is going to have major health issues and die a painful death while young

• 3 years ago

Whether if the mother passed or not, any caring dog breeder and handler would know you shouldn’t give away nor accept 3 wk old puppies due to the health risk. The breeder should’ve contacted the vet to retain help on how to raise these puppies without their mother. I highly recommend contacting a reputable animal hospital in the area and tell them the situation. They might be willing to help you and your boyfriend raise this 3 wk old puppy. Act fast before this puppy’s health becomes compromised and the puppy becomes endangered.

Next time, do the proper research PRIOR to getting a dog. It’s in situations like these that animals, not just dogs, end up in the wrong hands, get the improper care and love, and are banned to the streets until they cannot fight on their own or until someone comes along who will properly care for them and love them.

• 3 years ago

If it's 3 weeks old it's not even weaned yet. NO breeder gives away a puppy under 8 to 12 weeks of age. Find where he got it and take it back to the mother dog.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ivan
    Lv 6
    3 years ago

yikes pitbul? no thanks. Don't ask me

• 3 years ago

Puppies cannot leave their mother until they are a full 8 to 12 weeks of age. It is against the law to give, sell, barter a puppy under the age if 8 weeks old. The pup still needs to be stimulated to pee & poop. It is just now ready to start eating a soft slurry of soaked puppy food in warm water or warm puppy formula.

The breeder that sold you that pup needs to be reported to animal control. When the pup cannot nurse it looses it natural immunity & will be far more likely to get sick. You guys got scammed by a illegal BYBer. All they are after is the $$$$$ they can scam you out of. They did you no favors & what they did is against the law. The pup needs to stay with its mother for a FULL 8 weeks at the very least.

Take the pup in to see a Vet now cause it is so young & could possibly be sick already. It is too young to even start the puppy shots so the puppy is very vulnerable to any kind of puppy hood disease.

Your best bet would be to google 'caring for an orphaned puppy'. Please, do report this breeder. Don't allow this to happen to any one else. That little pup could die because it is not getting mama's milk that gives the puppy her immunity until she is old enough to get her own shots. Many BYBers sell sick puppies, please have yours checked by a Vet & get instructions for proper care of such a young pup.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Hopefully you did not mean ONLY a 3 week old puppy. It is DEFINIITELY CRUEL to take a puppy from its mother that Young. Please Immediately return the puppy to its mother, until AT LEAST when it is 8 weeks old.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

tell him to take the puppy back to the loser he got them from. That is WAY TOO YOUNG for the pup to be away from mom.

He broke the law in fact because LEGALLY the puppy can't be taken from mom until they are the MINIMUM OF 8 WEEKS OF AGE.

Source(s): common sense and THE LAW
  • 3 years ago

Take it back to its mother for at leaat 5 more weeks

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

TAke it back to the breeder and collect it when 12 weeks old.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.