How old does a parent have to be to bring their baby to a pediatrician?

Someone on a period tracking app called ‘Eve’ said you have to be 18 or have a legal adult present, but I was 17 (turned 18 five days after giving birth) when I brought my baby to her first doctors appointment and didn’t have anyone except my daughter with me. I tried asking Google but the only thing that came up... show more Someone on a period tracking app called ‘Eve’ said you have to be 18 or have a legal adult present, but I was 17 (turned 18 five days after giving birth) when I brought my baby to her first doctors appointment and didn’t have anyone except my daughter with me. I tried asking Google but the only thing that came up was things like “is your baby too old to see a pediatrician?” I even tried to rephrase the question. When I was being released from the hospital after giving birth, the nurse told my father and I that I couldn’t sign myself out because I wasn’t 18 yet, but that I had to sign my daughter out because she was mine.