Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 3 years ago

Become a teacher or go into marketing?

I believe that going into teaching would make me really happy, however I will still have to enroll in a teacher certification/master's program and will accrue debt. Is it better to go with your heart or the career that offers growth? I'd love to hear your thoughts, thank you.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Of course go with the career that goes with your heart for the best reason that you will never get tired of doing your passion. It is okay to enroll in a teacher certification/master's program and accrue debt. You will get to pay it anyways. In order to reach your endeavors in life you really need to work hard and I understand that entering into a master's program is hard. But have a heart and have faith that hard work pays off. When you are able to reach what you really want, you will be happy afterwards until you retire. Rather than choosing marketing, we all know that we will grow in that field but if you do not have the passion for it, you will not succeed. always go with that something that makes your heart happy.

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

You do NOT have to get a masters degree to become a certified teacher. The only reason you would need to get master's degree is if you wanted to teach at the high school level AND the STATE REQUIRES you to have master's degree to teach at the high school level.. You also do NOT have to major in education to become a certified teacher..

Teachers are, or SHOULD BE, CONSTANTLY learning, FROM EVERYONE, INCLUDING the students that they teach.. " If you become a teacher, by your students you will be taught...." Oscar Hammerstein II. is TRUE IF you have correct attitude .

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/oscar_hammerste...

GOOD teachers REMAIN STUDENTS FOR LIFE. if you think teachers "stop" growing when they become teachers, you probably will NOT be happy as teacher. You will NEVER get through graduate school if you cannot take constructive criticism or being gossiped about or people trying to discredit you PROFESSIONALLY.

"...While each state sets its own teaching certificate requirements, there are some key commonalities, which are discussed in the steps below.

Choose a bachelor's degree and teacher preparation program. ...

Complete a student teaching experience. ...

Take your state's required exam(s) for educators. ...

Apply for teacher certification...."

https://www.teachercertificationdegrees.com/

Teaching can have a high burn out rate, almost as high health care careers.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Teaching is for life . Marketing is a young persons job. Come 40 you will be out of work. You will not be able to compete with young graduates with up to date ideas.

It's happening now.

• 3 years ago

Always go with your heart. Better to struggle a bit and end up doing what you love.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Try both. Unless your like 80 years old you will have enough time to do both. However marketing might be a better first option because if you make a lot of money atleast you will be able to pay for college up front, and not have to deal with the regret of the fact that you didn't attempt to go into marketing

• 3 years ago

do what makes you happy.

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Do what your heart wants and you'll never regret.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.