Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 years ago

Why do Scousers deny that they're English?

As an English person myself, I find this incredibly stupid and offensive. Scousers ARE English. Liverpool is a city in England. They can't deny that. Did the Beatles ever deny that they're English? No. So why do Scousers today do it? People from Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle and Sheffield always say that they're English because that's what they are. I'm from Oxfordshire but I would never in my right mind just say that I'm an Oxfordshire person. There is no such identity. I'm English and I will always be English first. The amount of Scousers on YouTube that say that they're not English is staggering. I know it's because they think that they feel like outcasts because they think the rest of England hates them but that shouldn't be any excuse to dismiss yourself as your actual nationality.

It just annoys the hell out of me when people deny themselves as something and say something else and make out that they are own nationality which doesn't even exist. Why do they say something so stupid and disloyal? What brought all this on?

• McCartney doesn't sounds very English to me.

Blimey, you're a Limey?!

Oxonians to Liverpudlians: a Scouser's trousers, arousers all.