King asked in PetsCats · 3 years ago

How to remove cat urine from carpet?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Laura
    Lv 7
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Once its dry there isn't much you can do.

If it is wet, you can use an enzyme based cleaner to clean the area.

Even if its dry you should still try to clean it as best as you can with an enzyme based cleaner.

Nature's Miracle is a great product. You might see if you can find an enzyme based soap for use in a carpet shampoo machine. This is really worth it if you have lots of dry urine areas. This is because the dry urine, once re wet, will soak deeper into the carpet and carpet padding, sometimes even into the floorboards underneath. Because of this you need to use a stronger product.

• 3 years ago

enzymatic cleaner from Nature's Miracle (my favorite cat pee product) any non enzymatic cleaner will leave the scent behind and they will mark the spot again.

• 3 years ago

hi, use biological washing liquid to destroy the enzymes in cats urine...xx

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

You can find urine cleaners for carpet in pet stores like Petco or Petsmart. But urine is difficult to remove in carpet. It depends on how long the urine has been in the carpet. If recent, you stand a good chance of removing it. But if its been in there for awhile, then likely nothing will really remove it.

You may need to replace the carpet and padding.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Nature's Miracle is carried at any pet supplies store. It takes out all the organics, which gets rid of the smell, and makes it fresh again. I've also used Urine Out from the Menards hardware store, to good effect. Both come in spray bottles, and Nature's Miracle can be bought even in gallon jugs.

• 3 years ago

Your best bet is an enzymatic cleaner but you might end up needing to replace it. Including the padding. Possibly replacing/sealing the subfloor.

• 3 years ago

Replace the carpet and padding. May need to replace the subfloor as well.

Cat pee does not wash out of carpet.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Vinegar and Baking soda mixture.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Detergent and hot water.

• Dice
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

I don’t know a lot about stains, but I do know if the cat peed there it’ll likely go there again. Cats hate the smell of citrus so spray lemon juice in that area. This is also a tactic to keep it away from the Christmas tree.

• 3 years ago

get some powder. baby powder or whatever... it soaks up liquid. Just pour that shizz all over the whizz and leave it there for a while.. then try to wipe off the powder. leave the carpet under the hot sun to kill bacteria and eliminate odor and you're good to go homie..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.