Ashlyn asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 years ago

I’m flying alone for the first time next week, any tips on anything to keep me busy? (I have an idle seat as I have a small bladder)?

•I’ve flown before

• the flight I believe is 6hrs

• Kyle
    Favorite Answer

get some books. if you have a tablet or smartphone, look to see if your plane has WiFi, or on board entertainment, and watch a movie or tv. do some work or homework depending on what you do. bring a charger with you, some airplanes have AC outlets between the seats. or look into getting a batter power case for your device, to extend the life of your internal battery.

maybe do some puzzles. crosswords, suduko, something to keep your mind thinking.

Drink alcohol

Are you flying domestically or internationally? Most airlines have back-of-seat entertainment units on international and long flights with movies, tv shows, and games. I read that some airlines are going to get rid of the back-of-seat units because so many passengers take tablets and other devices with them. Some have free streaming services so you can get entertainment on your own device.

You have an aisle seat so getting to the bathroom should be no problem. I suggest you do not drink before the flight and only drink water or soda the last hour of the flight. Turn your cell phone onto AIRPLANE mode and play games.

I sure flying the plane will keep you busy but if it doesn't you could always pretend you're Maverick from top gun...

Bring a book. People will leave you alone if you are reading. Or try to take a nap.

• Tomalochk
      2 years agoReport

This person has an idle seat ..... there's no telling what he o else might be s itting there next .