I don't know how to swim?

This is really embarassing for me. I am 14 yr. girl in high school. My dad constantly tried to teach me how to swim when I was young, but I was just really scared. Now, I am not scared of the water, I just do not know how to swim. I can get into the water and i can even go in the deep end as long as I have... show more This is really embarassing for me. I am 14 yr. girl in high school. My dad constantly tried to teach me how to swim when I was young, but I was just really scared. Now, I am not scared of the water, I just do not know how to swim. I can get into the water and i can even go in the deep end as long as I have something to hold. Its just i don't know how to tread water and the whole swimming motion. People think I know how to swim and I even go into the pool at parties. I just don't go towards the deep end... Now its just I want to learn to swim. Its a necessary life skill that almost everyone knows how to do!

Is there any secret way to learn how to swim?? I don't have a pool so i can't invite an instructor to teach me. Any suggestions would be nice!!