How do I make this character look more evil?

Hi there! There's this character I plan on making evil after some character development, but I have a problem. They don't look the part at all. I'm attaching a picture to this question so you can see what I mean. They look very soft and generally pretty meek. Any suggestions are welcome! Here's some additional information that might help:

- They're a robot

- This isn't exactly a world where superheros and supervillains exist

- They become evil after a breakdown over their inhumanness

- Everything from the waist down is pretty standard, but they have a tape deck in their back

Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

I for one believe the eyes are the window to the soul. Make her eyes a bit more demonic. Like, if the main character has, soft, somber eyes, the villains should be a bit more bold looking. For one, making their pupils slits instead of circles, kinda like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=cat+eye&rlz=1CADEA... Another thing is giving them really bold make-up, like winged eyeliner or dark eyeshadow. Another thing that could work is making their hair a bit less poofy. I think their hair should be let down, a bit unkept, maybe a little dirty. But, these are just my thoughts.

It's mainly the expression, eyebrows, and mouth that should be changed. The character looks shy and timid rather than evil and intimidating.

Also, round shapes such as the hair and face tend to make her look too bubbly and cute. Having more sharp and angular shaped eyes and silhouette will emphasize more of the "evil" look.

Look at characters like Yami Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh, or Malefocent or Jafar from Disney for examples. Hope this helps!

Well, I suppose it would depend on how 'evil' you want them to look. for an only slightly evil look, I would remove the shine in the eyes and have more angled eyebrows. If you want pure grade, 100% evil, do that and add sharper edges; pointed teeth, make the hair less rounded, and make the face narrower.

its in the eyebrows. your character's eyebrows are more puckish than malevolent.

Add spikes, sharp teeth, and angry-looking eyes. And maybe spiked hair as well. That hair just looks soft and gentle.

Eyebrows angled downwards and inwards, and a wider, snarling mouth.

I'd make them have less round shapes, as they usually signal "good" characters. A classic tip is to use more triangles and sharp edges in their face- and body structure, but you probably know that already. Maybe do something that could make them look a little unbalanced, like something heavy on one side of their body that changes their body language. Or maybe stringier hair, so they look a little unkempt

It's a lovely design though, you have a lot of talent.

Change her color palette, or maybe just the eyes and possibly the lips. Different eyebrows. If she can dress different then she could change her clothing and hairstyle, maybe more angular. Accessorize.

If all else fails, add a goatee.