Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 3 years ago

Why do women care about guys' height so much?

Favorite Answer

Part of the mating ritual is driven by the urge to procreate. So the female naturally seeks out the biggest and strongest of the males to mate with. It's nature's way of ensuring survival of the species. Short skinny guys do not portent having strong robust kids like tall well developed guys do. That's why. ANS.

I don't.

We don't. Men care about other men's height much more than women do.

Women care about men’s height for the same reason that men care about women’s weight. Now, consider this. Most couples in the world are ‘height proportionate’ with a height variation of <1 percent>. What this means is that a woman who is 5 feet tall is ‘more likely’ to be paired with a man who is 5’6” or shorter than she is to be with a man who is 5’8” or taller. Many ‘short women’ have difficulty competing with taller women for taller men. Short women have ‘thousands’ of short male ancestors — that’s a fact. It’s in their DNA. So a man who is their ‘proportionate height’ has a good chance of attracting a short woman (all else being equal). Not too mention that most ‘men’ (average height or taller) will date a woman who is their proportionate height or taller (if they can), which limits a short woman’s mating options.

Don’t believe the hype about short men being ‘knocked out’ of the dating game. I have two short male cousins who are 5’3” and 5’4” respectively. Neither of them are single or sexually frustrated.

In addition, my 5’8” dad managed to attract my 5’10” mom. Then they were divorced, and my dad’s next wife was also 5’10”.

maybe cause they think the guys care about height so much

women are shorter

Aww, you're a shorty. That's sad.

I never noticed they did.

You ever think guys think a certain way about their height and it effects how they carry themselves. I knew a jockey height man who was ultra masculine & he was not his height.