Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 3 years ago

Should my daughter's school punish her for what she did?

My daughter in high school was going into one of her classes when a girl in front of her tripped and fell. The girl hit her head on a chair and it made a big cut in her head before she fell to the floor. Her head was bleeding badly so my daughter took off her sweater and wrapped it around the girl’s head to stop the bleeding and then immediately called 911.

The paramedics got there very fast and took the girl to the hospital where they sewed up the large cut, kept her in the hospital for one day and sent the girl home. The hospital told the girl that my daughter had saved her life by stopping the bleeding. The girl’s parents were very grateful for what my daughter had done and sent her a $100 check to cover the loss of her sweater.

You can imagine how shocked we were when the school wanted to punish our daughter for what she had done. It seems that the school has a zero tolerance for breaking the rules by using a cell phone in class.

We told the girls parents the school wanted to punish our daughter for what she did and they are outraged. They want to sue the school board so if something like this ever happens again, the students will not be afraid to do the right thing and help someone in need.

Please give me your advice on what we should do if anything about the school wanting to punish our daughter for what she did?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I'd take it to the school board...or take them to court for being inflexible.

• ?

seems pretty silly

no

Your parents, along with the parents of the injured gilr should sue the pants off the school. She had a right to save a life.

• Matt

Go to the local news. They will make the school look bad and get them to back off.

• klypos

Point out that if the school wants to rule against 911 calls in this day and age, they should provide an emergency phone in every classroom - and if they did that, there would be pranks - then they will need to install CCTV to detect abusers and hoaxers.

They have to allow an exception to that rule for 911 calls. Contact the PTA and get whoever is being stroppy into as much mud as you can.

Yes, it's incredibly stupid.

They have no lawsuit here, they suffered no loss.

But seriously, do you make this **** up yourself or is there some website you get it from?