Anonymous

How can paraplegic people take a bath on their own?

Try to put off your trousers while sitting on a chair, without moving your hip bone. You can't do that! How can paraplegic people put off their trousers and their underwears alone and without any help on a wheelchair? Is it possible? Can they live alone without anyone's help? Can they go to WC alone? How can they get up and lie in a basin and wash themselves? Please answer. I'm curious.

• Favorite Answer

First, you do not understand paraplegia very well. Some people with paraplegia are quite adept at using their hips and their arms are very strong. Paraplegia can mean only partial paralysis.

I am a paraplegic. I have incomplete paraplegia. My legs work fairly well. My hips do not. I can't stand or walk, but I can sit, transfer, lift. I can shift my body weight from side to side.

Most people who are more severely paraplegic develop excellent upper body strength and the muscles in their legs atrophy and they become much lighter.

Many people with paraplegia use catheters and diapers. They don't have the ability to control what they do. So they usually keep to a schedule and use protection the rest of the time.

Once you get over the shock of paralysis, it is actually a lot of things you can use to make your life easier.

Hi so having been there and lived it. yes rolling about on a bed it is possible to get undressed and dressed. so teh legs might not support your body weight. with the aid of other things it is possible so you have a lot to learn about life and being disabled.

They need help if they are that disabled.

if you are really curious and not being a clown, then look at this site - https://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/