Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 3 years ago

Is water that comes out of a soda machine purified ?

For instance at Del Taco, Subway, Jack in the Box etc if I get the water from the machine is it purified at all or have the chorline removed. Is it just cold tap water. I ask because my 4 year old Goddaughter has a beta fish and cannot use tap water.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago

At many pets stores and in retail you can buy bottled water filtered just for fish, specifically betas and other fish that can't have filters in the tank

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Oh, for crying out loud, just use bottled water. It aint all that expensive.

• 3 years ago

No. They don't change filters at all on those units.

Lv 7
    3 years ago

No, it is not. It's just tap water.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

No, that's just silly. Use a water conditioner and tap water.

• 3 years ago

No, it’s often just straight tap water that’s been chilled.

You can however quite safely use tap water so I gotta as you use a dechlorinator or tap water conditioner. Basically the reason tap water is dangerous I becaus eit has heavy metals, chlorine and chloramines. A tap water conditioner or dechlorinator will neutralize these things and make the tap water safe. You can find them at any pet store or even Walmart, WinCo, Fredmeyer whatever stor eyou she’s nearby if they have a pet section they’ll have a tap water conditioner.

Don’t use distilled or purified water as it won’t have the proper salt/mineral content. Meaning it will be TOO clean for the poor fish.

Also keep in mind you want at least a gallon, and two decorations per gallon. Do not remove more than 25% of his water at time to prevent new tanks syndrome. His stomach is the size of his eye and that’s the amount of food he needs to eat daily. Do 1 water change a week or 2-3 if your overfeeding.

• 3 years ago

You can also buy distilled water in jugs.

• 3 years ago

You'll need a tap water conditioner from a pet store. Seachem Prime removes chlorine and breaks down chloramines.

Will be more economically efficient and work efficient than collecting dubious water cup by cup once a week.

• 3 years ago

You can use tap water with beta fish, but you should let it sit for 24 hours to allow the chlorine to evaporate.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.